Being such a newbie at Genealogy blogging, I had a little free time this evening and started browsing for genealogy blog prompts. I really liked the Carnival of Genealogy topic "Our genealogy research/writing plans for 2011!" After reading through almost all 30 of the listed fellow bloggers and their goals, I decided that my goals in my last post were entirely too vague and short-sighted... I have a long and distinguished history of NOT completing any goals I ever set for myself, but there is something to be said for seeing them set out in an online blog.
Seeing how "getting organized" is not very measurable, I guess I need to work doing a little more definition here. Ok, I was trying to keep it simple and doable, but what fun is that???
So here are my Genealogy Research and Writing plans for 2011:
1) Get a current backup made of my research, photos and documents.
2) Get my computer genealogy files all rearranged, renamed and sourced into Rootsmagic.
3) Upload my tombstone photos to FindAGrave and my Granath photos to Facebook.
4) Find a genealogist on Random Acts and ask for a search for Alfred’s burial place.
5) Create a workable website for Granath and Ogle.
6) Write my first biography mini-book, about my mom.
7) Volunteer once a month at the Tomball genealogy library.
8) Attend at least 3 seminars or classes at Clayton Genealogy Library downtown.
Whew! There you have it. Looks like I’d better get busy!