Monday, February 20, 2012

A new Granath family photo



The Granath family, circa 1940, Hobbs, New Mexico.

I dont have an exact date for this one, but we can guesstimate from ages to be sometime after 1940? Anyone have any other ideas? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'll try to identify as I can:
Obviously, "Pappy" Walter Edward at the front right, and Blanche just above him. Ruby is next to her, holding baby who might be Tim?. My mom, Dolores Peggy Jane, is the one in the striped dress at the front. Above her to the left I think are Alta and her husband Holger Thompson is the far left by the bush. The rest I will have to get some help with.

The location was Hobbs, New Mexico, probably near their home.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Kyla! Thank you for all your genealogy work on the Granaths! Regarding the above photograph: My grandfather, Edward G. Granath, was reportedly the eldest of 14 of Walter's children. He was born in Dove Creek, Co, 12/27/1920. He married Ella Louise Millwee, and had my mother, Sandra Kathleen Granath, in Hobbs, NM 1/20/44.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe he is the one in the white t-shirt in the middle of the group, or he is nearest the bicycle. Either way, if this photo was as late as1940, he would have been 20.

    ReplyDelete