Sunday, December 5, 2010

Advent Calendar - December 4 - Christmas cards

I am late with my posts again. Sorry!

Did your family send cards? Did your family display the ones they received? Do you still send Christmas cards? Do you have any cards from your ancestors?

Yes, my family has sent out cards for decades. My parents would send out about 75 cards. We have a huge extended family and many family friends that they stay in touch with. My mom would always take about 4 strands of silver tinsel and create an entire wall draped with a zigzag pattern to hang the cards we received. And we have saved every card from everyone, all neatly arranged by year in boxes. I still send out about 30 cards each year. I have moved to an electronic version of the now-popular yearly recap letter complete with photos, to brag about my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment